Hmmm...I seem to have no control....

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Of course, after I made it public to (potentially) the entire globe, I went and did preceisely what I said I wouldn't: Eat out for lunch.

Siiiigh. I even had a lunch! My friend who works a couple buildings over called to see if I wanted to go out. I assumed she meant out to a restaurant for lunch, so I didn't bring my sandwich. However, she meant out like, out to buy a smokie from the hotdog boy a couple streets over for $3. I could've just not eaten and ate when I got back, but then i'd make her feel bad. So I spent $3 on a hotdog and then another $2.85 on chocolate milk and a Kinder Bueno bar. The milk was good and the chocolate bar is sitting in my desk drawer, waiting for me to get the craving.

Yep. So at least now I have a lovely lunch waiting for me tomorrow. Which also means, no last minute morning packing of whatever I can find in the fridge lunch. Mmmm.

I have been thinking oh, the last 15 minutes or so (can you tell it's been a slow day here??) about my budget skills. I like to budget, I like thinking about budgeting and hell, I even enjoy making spreadsheets to organize said budgeting. However, I never get beyond the making stage. I never stick to said budget. Now, I do alright, financially concerned, so I can't complain. However, I am curious as to why I can't seem to stick to a budget.

I think it's because I can't be bothered to keep track of expenses. Which is odd, because you think someone who insits on spending cash for almost every transaction would be more inclined to write down her transactions rather than someone who uses a debit card and therefore has all of the transactions written down for them via the bank. However, I just don't care that much. I do keep a lot of my receipts but I rarely check them unless something goes wrong or needs to be returned.

I think I should look up different types of budgeting since there's got to be more financially inclined people like me, who hate being nitty-picky about details. Hmmm....I think googling is in order. But before that - back to work...for another half an hour before I head home.

The Justice Student, who is also a slacker...

0 comments: