Happy Father's Day!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day everyone!
This is a short post, I appologize for the lack of posting as of late. I have a lot of things that I want to post about and have been thinking about, but the more I put it off the larger the post becomes. And my posts are long enough!

I bought my dad a bunch of stuff from the Think Geek website. If you ever need to buy gadgets or geeky stuff for the nerd in your life, I couldn't recommend this site higher. You can find it here. Aaaanyways I bought a whole bunch of stuff of this site for my dad. It ended up totalling about $91 including shipping (sometimes I hate living in Canada - shipping is always so outrageous!). However, right before I 'checked out' I saw a little box for a promotion code. I didn't have a promotion code, but I figured a quick Google Search couldn't do me any wrong. I searched for "Think Geek Promotion Code" and came up with a bunch of sites claiming to have promotion codes. After maybe 2 or 3 minutes of searching and trial-and-error I found one that got me $10 off my purchase! That extra work was definitely worth the discount. I would recommend giving it a shot, no matter where you are doing your online purchasing.

Other than that, it's been a good week. I got paid again, however, most of that paycheque is paying back my mom and my sister. Which sucks a little bit, but at least after that I won't owe money to anyone anymore.

My old boss from Subway called too - they were having an issue with staffing yesterday (Saturday) and asked if I could come in for a couple of hours. I agreed, mainly because I miss seeing her, not because it was extra cash. I enjoyed myself for those 4 hours I was there, but it did remind me that I am glad that I am no longer there. It was worth getting those extra $40 or so.

Well, i'll be off now, I've got an action-packed Sunday awaiting me! Hope you all are keeping well.

1 comments:

krystalatwork said...

Agreed, it's awful to have to pay all the extra shipping costs just because we live in Canada. And don't get me started on the brokerage fees that UPS charges! I learned my lesson the hard way, to never buy anything that's shipped UPS!!