Body...slowly....falling apart

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I've been working 7 days a week for the past 3 weeks and I'm reaching my breaking point. There are a million things I have to do, like laundry (which should've been done tonight but wasn't) and room cleaning and decluttering of random parts of life. I've graduated and I feel as though I should move on, but I'm stuck because I have no time to throw away class notes and donate old textbooks and do any of that 'moving on' stuff.

I have great respect for those who work 7 days a week because I can't do it. I don't get a day off until I leave on vacation. It's stressful, because when I get home from work, I don't feel like doing anyting because i'm exhausted - either mentally or physically. Or both.

Take today, for example, I worked 12 - 8 at Subway (the 'old' job) and it was busy. Lots of new people there, and as much as they do try, it's frustrating because I am doing my own job and ensuring that they are doing their job. Fine. It's done. Tonight was supposed to be laundry night and finishing the itinerary for Paris night. Well its 11:17 p.m. and i've been sitting here since roughly 8:45 p.m. watching the Pearl Harbor movie with the useless Ben Afleck with my dad. We've been talking about war (i'm fascinated by war and love studying it) and thinking about how I should be doing my laundry. Now the sister and her boyfriend are sleeping downstairs so I can't even start a load now. So i'll have to do it in the morning. Oh well. I'll do it then.

But, i'm feeling the drag of working 7 days a week. I yearn for a day to sleep in and lay on the couch and finally get stuff done. I have to admit, the extra money is nice to pay for Tuition and Europe Stuff but I won't be able to continue it when I return. I admire people like my boss at Subway who works 7 days a week straight through the year. I can't remember the last day she didn't show up. Even on Christmas day when the store was closed she showed up to do extra work. I couldn't do that, and if you do it, that's great. I really admire that.

I'm tired, and I think I'll be heading off to bed soon to get my 7 hours of sleep before it starts over again. Take care all.

1 comments:

Chance said...

Hey, how are you? Missing your posts and wondering if you ever got any sleep or if you are still working like crazy...