New job and new stress

Monday, April 23, 2007

Well, it has been a while since i've updated this thing. Not much has happened to me recently. Well, actually, come to think of it, that's a bit of a lie.

I've started my new job, and it's working out quite comfortably, actually. It's a different type of stressful than my last job at Subway. This one is more intellectually stressful. I don't know what to do with everything or how to do some things, and that stresses me out. This morning 4 calls came in all within 10 minutes - which was a little stressful - putting people on hold and trying to ensure that I don't accidentally hang up on them while doing so - I'm only now getting a grip on how to use these multi-line phones and fax machines and stuff! My other job was stressful in a busy busy busy way. There was a lot to do in a small frame of time, but at least I knew how to do everything and more. I'm enjoying the difference but it'll take some time getting used to. Until then, having 2 jobs looks nice to the bank account.

I ordered $2,200 worth of Euro's on friday - that took a big dent out of the bank account. Now all I have is a couple hundred left in the accound and a $100 balance on the VISA. Because i'm just starting out at the new job, I'm not sure when I'm going to get paid, but by the end of May I should have about $3,000 from this job and about $500 from the old job waiting for me, which will feel nice.

Last time I went on vacation my finances were struggling and I had just been rehired at the Subway job, which I had quit, thinking I had enough money - truth was, I didn't, and I went back. But it was a stressful time, financially, and because of that, when I was on vacation I didn't spend a lot of money. Now I don't regret not spending money on trivial things like beer and food - I made do quite fine buying groceries and not drinking. I'm not a drinker anyways and I loved going into the grocery stores and finding fun German cookies and French cheese MmmMmm. But I do regret not buying things. Most of the time I just talked myself out of buying pretty much anything I wanted because it was so expensive - especially with the exchange rate. This time I'd like to be able to spend some money (not ALL of my money, of course) on a couple of things:
1. A Mason Pearson Hairbrush (I have really long hair and would love a proper hairbrush)
2. A proper English umbrella (Not that it rains a lot here in the Canadian Prairies but I think i'd like to have a fashionable umbrella for when it does)
3. Chanel sunglasses (I have a love-obsession with Chanel, and since buying my first Chanel purse off Ebay would love a pair of proper sunglasses).

Those are the major purchases i'd like to make - Which will probably run me about $500. But that's what I'm expecting to pay - and I'm pleased with it.

I'll tell the story of the Chanel purse another time. Heh. It's quite a story.

Take care everyone!

0 comments: