GST Refunding It up!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I got my approval letter for my ING Direct "Credit Account" yesterday! I'm very pleased. The interest rate is prime + 4.9% which adds up to around 10%. It's not great, but for my first line of credit, I will take it! I'll only be borrowing $2,000 for one month, so i'll only pay $20 to have that cash. I think that's totally acceptable. My Dad seems to have a big issue with it, but when my credit cards are sitting at 20+%, 10% is nothing.

I also got my GST refund in the mail, too, yesterday. $80 some-odd dollars. I'm pleased. It's more than I was expecting.

I bought my Eurostar tickets for my sister and I when we travel from London to Paris and back in the spring. I am kicking myself for not buying them earlier, since the price had jumped about 10 GBP a person. But it's done and done. Paid 158GBP and charge went through on the credit card as $366.55. Exchange rate was 2.26 and VISA charged me 2.319. Not nearly as bad as I thought. Tickets are in the mail and on their way to me. Very exciting. I will feel better when I have the tickets in hand, because I hate waiting for International Mail.

Now all that's left to do before the vacation is buy the Euros. My Mom already ordered all the GBP that we needed, but I'm on my own for the Euros. I will do that as soon as my sister decides how much she wants to spend while we are there. She wants to do some shopping at some designer boutique by a guy named Alexander McQueen. I don't really know anything about him but apparently she loves him - and, living in Canada doesn't exactly provide her with the high-class shopping experiences she'd love. That's ok. It's her money.

New job is going good. Very slow here, but I like the change. It will be nice when I actually start getting paid, as for now I am just training. Well, pre-training. Next week is official training, then I am off! The job is not too hard, I am worried that I may get bored here, but that's ok. I could use some bored. I'm looking forward to being able to work alone, which is a liberty I never had at my old fast-food job.

I feel like i'm finally starting to grow up - it's a nice feeling. Now all I need is a car and a mortgage. Hmmm.... Maybe i'll wait for now.

0 comments: